Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Enough is Enough

Well, I have drawn a line in the sand!  A line that can't be crossed!  A line that needed to be drawn a long time ago.  I realized today what a mess I have become.  I think my best friend(you know who you are) said it best when she said, "When my family goes out into public, My husband & children looks nice, and I look like some hobo they found on the way to the store!"  That is EXACTLY how I feel! I do not fix my hair anymore. I do not put make-up on, unless I'm going to church.  Lets be honest, I may not even get a shower each day. I don't get "dressed" in the mornings.  My clothes usually include a T-shirt and Pajama pants. I think to myself, what is the point of getting "real" clothes?  As a result I have very few things I can actually wear, but a clothes full of clothes that don't fit.  What is the point of having a closet of clothes that don't fit?  I have always been a person that doesn't really care what people thought of me.  As long as my husband & my kids love me, who care what others think.  Well, I am starting to realize that my appearance is reflecting on my family.  I DO NOT want people to make judgements on my children, just cause of my appearance.  I used to think that wasn't true, but lets be honest. I know that if I see a person that takes pride in their appearance, they always seem more confidence.  So, thus my theory if you could call it that, is if you take more pride in your appearance, maybe you will take better care of yourself.  And in turn take better care of the people you love.  I don't know about your house, but here the saying " if momma isn't happy, no one is!"  I have to find some way to get in a better place with myself.  I will be back tomorrow with some kind of challenge for myself, so stay tuned.......This will, if nothing else, prove to be entertaining!

1 comment:

TerriLorraineCote said...

Well I found your blog tonight for the first time by reading "Our Little Six Pack"'s blog. You are so right....I am a stay at home mother of 3 boys. I live in PJ's...I actually have 4 drawers full of them. I have a closet full of clothes, most of which don't fit and I literally go all week without opening the closet until Sunday for church. That is the way God made mothers...we care for others and put ourselves on the back burner. That's why our job is so hard because how many men do you now that could do that...I love my boys and I know that when I am dressed and make-up and hair done I feel happier and have more confidence. You are so right about that. I think the way we feel reflects our attitude toward others. I have also noticed that if I am grouchy my boys will be and if I am happy then they will be...the mimic our behavoir. Oh what a job we have to do. But in the end all that matters is that we've pleased God.